I became a stay at home mom in July 2017. I can’t believe it’s been 9 months already. The whole transition wasn’t easy, let me just say that. I’ve always worked from when I was 15 1/2 so when my husband said I could become a stay at home mom I was very excited but nervous at the time. My biggest issue/concern was money how can we possibly do this. My husband is a game developer/computer programmer and at the time was a FT dad while I was a medical assistant. I decided to stay home to enjoy and raise my babies. My son was 2 and my daughter was 10 months so they are still very young, I was home to see my baby girl walk for the first time, and I can tell my son was so happy to see I was home every day.
2017 was a really rough year for me and my family. Everything didn’t go as planned like I hoped but life happens, things happen and I’m trying to make the best of this opportunity while my kids are still young and enjoy them. Having a one income family is already hard and at times can be very stressful. I thank God and I’m so grateful! He has been so good to us and he continues to bless us through the difficult times.
I love being a stay at home mom. It’s a lot of work and sometimes I feel like I’m doing more work than when I was working. Lol! It’s a 24/7 job but it’s so rewarding and seeing my babies face every morning brings me so much joy. These years are flying by and the way kids are growing up so fast I want to enjoy this time while they’re young. There are so many moms who wish they could stay home with their babies and I’m blessed to be giving the opportunity. Hats off to all the working mamas as well. I’ve been there and I know how hard it can be balancing work life and mom life.
Here are a few things that helped me with my transition and things I wished I would have done before leaving my job. Hope it helps other new “stay at home” mamas.
- Have a plan set. As far as budgeting or having a little money saved before you leave a job. Make sure you and your spouse are on one accord.
- Come up with a schedule. I love my planner! It helps me stay organized with planning out my day, activities for the kids and helps me balance out my life. I enjoy writing in it and adding fun stickers to make it look cute. Lol!
Do you enjoy using planners? Writing things out and keeping track of your day?
If so, check out the products I’ve mentioned below!
- Stay Active. Don’t stay in the house all day. Get up and get out. Take a walk it feels good and your kids will enjoy the nice fresh air. The library is great (I don’t know if all libraries offer classes but our local library has classes like “toddler time”). It’s nice because the kids get to interact with other kids and it’s FREE!
- Find a Balance. Besides being home with the kids comes other responsibilities like cooking, cleaning, and making sure you have time for your spouse. Making time for family and friends functions. (I’m still trying to balance my life and make time for everyone.) What also is important? Making time for YOURSELF! We get busy with taking care of everyone and everything else and forget about ourselves. So take some time each day to do something you love or whatever makes you feel good. 🙂
Thanks for reading.
Are you a SAHM or working mama? How has your experience been? Let me know in the comments.
I love spring! I’m excited about the change of weather. Another thing I love about spring, is spring cleaning, and it’s the perfect time to get my life in the order lol. Once my cleaning/deep cleaning is done I like to go through the kids clothes and bag up the clothes they no longer can fit to donate them. Then shopping time! Woot Woot!
Were you guys able to get some spring cleaning done yet?
The weather here in Las Vegas has been beautiful!, and it’s time to start planning family outings. I LOVE planning, so when spring and summer rolls around I’m always looking for fun activities for the kids. My baby girl Saniyah is 1 now so I think she will enjoy the activities more this year as well.
Yesterday, I took the kids outside to play and they had a ball. Saniyah wasn’t feeling it at first but she got out there and started playing with her brother. 🙂 Jaaziah loves being outside and making new friends. Anytime there’s new kids out playing he’s running up to them talking, and starts playing with them lol he’s so friendly. I’m so happy we got out the house and enjoyed the day.
Here are a few fun spring & summer activities I enjoy doing with my kids. (Indoor and Outdoor)
- Just simply taking a walk outside and letting the kids get some fresh air. Get some bubbles or chalk and let the kids have a little more fun.
- Go to the park, pack a lunch & enjoy the sunshine with your kids. ( We have a small playground in our apartments so it’s great on days that I may not have the car.)
- Indoor playgrounds are always nice and another option for a nice inside play day and my kids love it!
- Fun arts & crafts is fun as well.
- Pool day or Cook out is always nice especially around the summer months.
What are some things you and your family enjoy doing or planning to do this time of year?
Hey guys! I just want to thank all of you who has liked and followed my new blog so far. This whole platform is still new to me and I’m currently coming up with a new schedule so I can set aside time to write and stay consistent with posting.
I just recently turned thirty this month and I spent some time reflecting on my life. Most people have an idea of where they envision themselves by the time they turn 30. Being married, kids, successful career, being financially stable, owning a home. (The list goes on.) There are so many things that I have accomplished in my twenty’s but there are things I didn’t accomplish that I thought I would of been able to by the time I turned thirty, but then I realized these things shouldn’t be restricted to an absolute such as your age. Yes, I’m not where I want to be, but I’m so thankful for Gods grace and for keeping me through the years. I have a beautiful family, and they mean the world to me and keep me going every day.
(Here are a few throwback pics of me & hubby when we went to Lake Las Vegas in 2011.)
Reflection brings forth improvement, creativity, and growth. So take that time to reflect daily think about what you can do better and watch the changes on your life.
Comment and let me know somethings that you thought you would have accomplished by now but haven’t, I’m sure we’ve all been there. Lets have a discussion! 🙂
Hey guys, I’m so excited to start my new blog and so happy to have you here with me. I’m a mom to two beautiful kids. My son Jaaziah is 3 years old, he’s such a sweet, smart and hyper-active kid lol. If you have boys you just know they are a handful and so playful lol. My daughter Saniyah is 1 years old, she’s my sour patch kid 🙂 first she’s sour then she’s sweet lol. When she’s not giving you the look she can be the most sweet and loving little angel. They’re my greatest blessings! I’m also a wife to my high school sweet-heart, a game developer/computer geek. We’ve been married for 6 years now. We’ll be celebrating our 7th wedding anniversary in November. Through all the ups and downs because trust no marriage is perfect but God has truly kept us and I’m forever grateful for our union. He is truly my best friend and I’m blessed to have him as my husband.
I’m currently a stay at home mom, it’s the best job in the world taking care of my babies. ALL of us moms knows how difficult and a challenge it could be at the same time whether you’re a working mom or sahm. Between cooking, cleaning, laundry, making sure you spend time with your spouse I mean the list goes on lol. We all can you use some encouragement & trying to keep it all together. So that’s why I created this blog, no I don’t have it all together but i’m always seeking & striving to be better and all aspects of life.
Thank you all so much for being here and hope you enjoy reading my first post.